Our hands take quite a beating no matter the season. Whether it’s cold and dry or blisteringly hot our hands are exposed to the elements leaving them parched. Even daily tasks such as cleaning or washing the dishes can leave the skin on our hands feeling rough and in need of some TLC. Here is a simple recipe that you can make to gently exfoliate your hands while nourishing them with natural oils and leaving them with a fresh scent!
- 1 Tbs baking soda
- 1 tsp olive, Avocado oil or coconut oil, room temp
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients until you have a spreadable, thick paste without any lumps.
- Apply paste to dry hands (not dampened), covering the fronts and backs of your hands and in between the fingers.
- Briskly rub your hands together, interlocking fingers at times, for a good 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pay particular attention to any rough spots, and spend some time massaging your cuticles.
- Rinse with warm, not hot, water, and immediately apply a moisturizer.
Treat your hands to a to this gentle treatment once a week and your hands will thank you!