With New Years Eve right around the corner, many of you are wondering how to wear your hair for the last evening of 2012. Well Harry Josh of John Frieda was kind enough to share a few tips on achieving the perfect style for an evening out on the town. Here are a few tips on how you can get the look:
1) Apply gel (I like the John Frieda Frizz-Ease Clearly Defined Style‑Holding Gel) to the root of damp hair to help achieve a sleek, flat shape.
2) Using a tail comb (rather than a round brush), blow out hair, combing it flat against the head.
3) Create an extreme, slick, side part, and pull hair back into a bun.
Sleek High Ponytail
1) Use a light styling crème, such as Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation, and apply to the roots of damp hair*.
2) Blow dry hair and follow with a flat iron to straighten.
3) Brush hair back into a high pony.
4) Secure hair with an elastic.
5) To disguise the elastic, either tie a pretty ribbon around the pony or pull a piece of hair out of the pony, wrap it around the elastic and secure it underneath the pony with a bobby pin.
6) Spritz with hairspray to finish (I like Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm-Hold Hair Spray).
*Additional Tip: Rather than using a styling crème, apply John Frieda’s Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight to damp hair. This heat-activated, semi-permanent styling spray will block out frizz and enhance straightening results.
Messy fishtail side braid
1) Begin by gathering all of the hair to one side of the head, then divide it into two equal parts.
2) Take a small piece of hair (around ½ inch wide) from the first section and add it into the second section.
3) Continue by taking the same size piece as before from the second section and adding it to the first section.
4) Repeat this step three to four times before pulling the two sides tight to reveal a fishtail pattern.
5) Continue swapping pieces between sections until you no longer have enough hair to continue weaving back and forth.
6) Secure the ends with a small elastic.
7) Once tight, begin loosening the braid softly with your fingers to give it more of a sexy, undone texture. This ensures the braid won’t look too overstyled.
8) Finish by spritzing with hair spray to hold, such as the Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray**.
Get the Look:
1) Apply volumizing spray at the crown and blast with a blow dryer to create lift. I recommend Luxurious Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion**.
2) Sweep the front of hair back, and secure with pins at the crown.
3) Curl sections with a 1 ¼ inch iron, and run fingers through to loosen the curl almost completely.
4) Pull pieces out in the front to frame the face.
5) Finish with a shine spray, like Frizz-Ease 100% Shine.
How are you planning to wear your hair on New Years Eve?