“This is a perfect way to combine two of my passions—music and giving back to the community”
The Tory Burch Foundation helps provide economic opportunities, mentoring and education to U.S. women looking to start their own business. The foundation was created in 2009 to economically empower women in these challenging financial times. This week, Oct 18-22 is National Women’s Business Week and in honor of this event Tory Burch has created a limited edition compilation CD. All proceeds from the sale of the CD benefit Accion USA, the microfinance partner for the Tory Burch Foundation.
- Michael Franti and Spearhead- “Hello Bonjour”
- Willy Deville- “Come a Little Bit Closer”
- Devendra Banhart- “Baby”
- Laura Izibor- “From my Heart to Yours”
- Melanie Fiona- “Give it to Me Right”
- Lykke Li- “Little Bit”
- Wyclef Jean- “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”
- The Smiths- “Bigmouth Strikes Again”
- K’naan- “Take a Minute”
- Santigold- “Your Voice”
- Miriam Makeba- “Pata Pata”
- Matt White- “Taking on Water”
- Kanye West, Mos Def and Al B Black – “Good Night”
- Santana and Citizen Cope- “Sideways”
- Asa- “360”
- The Neville Brothers- “Rivers of Babylon”
The CD and the sunflower logo accessories are available exclusively at Tory Burch boutiques and on www.toryburch.com. The CD is $16.99 and all the proceeds benefit the foundation. How great is that! The Tory Burch Foundation’s logo is the sunflower which was derived from a special pendant Burch’s father Buddy gave his mother and then passed down to Burch.
The CD is pretty good, I have it on my iPhone! I received two CD’s so I wanted to share the love….so I am giving away the other Tory Burch CD to one lucky reader! Simply leave a comment below and the winner will be chosen at random. The giveaway is open until October 31, 2010 (US/Canada).