The outfit you wear for your business meetings is as important as the outfit you wear to an interview. You cannot always depend on your intellect to make a first good impression. In today’s competitive world, it is imperative to dress appropriately and keep up your best appearance.
What is appropriate for a casual working setting is not suitable for a corporate one. Planning for a meeting and getting your PowerPoint presentation in order is not enough for your next corporate meeting. You have to pick out a suitable, classy, and presentable outfit especially when you are in a lucrative industry like real estate where an impression is everything.
If you are involved in real estate and real estate investments, you can get good information through BiggerPockets. BiggerPockets is an online community centered around real estate investing. When you go to your next meeting in your appropriate corporate attire, not only will you look professional, but you will be armed with timely information.
Formal Meeting Attire for Women
Corporate boardroom meetings require you to wear formal business attire and present a professional image that conveys an executive presence. If you require a wardrobe makeover, check out the Lipstick and Luxury website for tips. Here is a list of clothing that makes you stand out in that meeting.
- Top: one of the safest options is chiffon or a buttoned cotton top. It dictates class and simplicity.
- Bottoms: always go for darker colored or beige trousers. Wide-legged trousers and tailored trouser suits are very classy and fashionable.
- Dresses and skirts: choose a skirt or a dress that is not too long or too short. It should be just the right length. Check out pencil skirts and high neck A-line dresses; they are very classy.
- Shoes: always wear pumps, low heels, or brogues as they not only dictate professionalism but also look quite right. You should not wear heels that are higher than 4 inches.
- Accessories: always wear simple and non-disrupting jewelry and pair your outfit with a designed bag. Do not wear big earrings.
Formal Meeting Attire for Men
It is advisable to always play it safe with a tailored matched suit.
- Shirt: always go for a soft colored pattern shirt or a crisp white cotton shirt. They still go well with suits of any color.
- Accessories: Look for a silk tie that matches the suit you will wear. Wear a leather belt that matches your shoes and a good quality watch. Get subtle cufflinks. Don’t wear shouting cufflinks; they attract too much attention.
- Suit: for your suit, choose a two-piece or an excellent quality three-piece dark-colored suit. Black or navy blue is a good idea as it gives you a serious professional vibe. Ensure the suit is tailored to fit you well.
- Blazers: These are not always required, but if you decide to go for one, choose a blazer with a solid color or minimal patterns. This adds style to your look.
- Shoes: go for brown or black leather or suede shoes. Chelsea boots or brogues are also great. Do not forget to wear matching socks.
- If it is cold, get a formal woolen trench coat or jacket. Wool always works to finish off that classy look.
Top Tips for Dressing in a Corporate Setting
- Keep it classy and do not show too much skin. It might end up being distracting to the people attending the meeting with you. It will not command respect
- Always wear well-fitting clothes. However, be sure not to wear very tight and revealing outfits
- Accessories should be kept to a minimal and straightforward
- Makeup should always look natural. Don’t make yourself look like you tried too hard
- Always wear subtle perfumes or don’t wear any. Strong smelling scents are annoying and can be a distraction in a meeting setting
- Do not overdress to a meeting. Understand the colors that make you look good. Wear the colors that flatter you the most and create a contrast with your skin. Put in mind that light colors contrast well with dark ones and tray to match this
- The bottom line is to be confident and comfortable in what you wear
If you follow these tips, you will be well prepared for any business meeting or corporate setting. Whether you are attending a business meeting with people from your own office or a client, it is always important to dress to leave an impression. According to entrepreneur.com, you should always make sure you select the right style for your body type; this will help you shine, and it will effectively leave an impression after your meeting.
Knowing what to wear in a meeting is the difference between an awkward meeting and a successful meeting. Be a commanding presence in the meeting.
Leave a Reply