The Tracy Reese collection for Spring/Summer 2012 showed lots of florals and pastels. And Mally Roncal of Mally Beauty was on site to provide the fresh and dreamy look that Tracy Reese sought to compliment her collection. The foundation was more of a satin finish than the dewy complexions that we’ve been seeing on the Spring 2012 runways. Mally was sure to let her team know that No translucent powder was to be used, instead the artists used Mally’s Face Defender.
The lips were very glossy and in two different shades, Life is Fuchsia pink on the top and Be a Peach orange on the bottom. The blush, in 24/7 medium was placed high above the apples of the cheeks for flushed look. And eyes and brows were kept strong.
I asked Mally to tell me about her color inspirations for the Tracy Reese show and here is what she had to say:
[vsw id=”W_eAj5Vdlu8″ source=”youtube” width=”425″ height=”344″ autoplay=”no”]
· To create a smooth, even base for the foundation to glide over, Mally used her Perfect Prep Poreless Primer.
· To achieve a satiny-matte finish, Mally’s Ultimate Performance Professional Foundation was applied all over the skin.
· For a non-shimmery, healthy flush, Mally used her 24/7 Blush in Medium high on the apples of the cheek.
· To set the makeup and reduce shine, Mally’s Poreless Face Defender was applied all over the face.
· Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Liner in Midnight was applied to the top and inner lash line to create the illusion of thicker lashes.
· Two coats of Mally’s Black Volumizing Mascara were applied to the top lashes.
· To emphasize strong yet natural brows, Mally used her Brow Boost.
· To create a multi-dimensional shade, Mally used Lip Magnifier in Fierce on the top lip and Lipgloss in Be a Peach on the bottom.
· Jin Soon Choi for Sally Hansen did the manicures and nail color used for this look was Temptation.
What are your thoughts on this fresh-faced look?
Designer, Mandy Coon was inspired by the texture and the metallic colors of crystals formations. It was an inspiration that she loved since childhood.
Francelle, NARS National Makeup Artist stuck with the natural looking dewy skin trend with lavender eyes “It’s girly because of the eye color, but it’s tough since there’s no eyeliner,” said Francelle, NARS National Makeup Artist. “The skin is dewy for a really whimsical, effortless affect. I also took a cue from Mark Rothko’s color-blocking and created a modern version on the eye with purple and pink.”
Below are the key products used to create the exclusive look:
- Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizers – new for Spring 2012! For now, try a light application of Sheer Glow Foundation
- Laguna Bronzing Powder
- Lhasa Single Eyeshadow – new for Spring 2012! For now, try the smoky lilac side of Egea Duo Eyeshadow
- Douces France Trio Eyeshadow – new for Spring 2012! For now, try Goddess Soft Touch Shadow Pencil and Nymphea Single Eyeshadow
- Santa Monica Boulevard Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner – new for Fall 2011!
- Madison Avenue Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner – new for Fall 2011!
- Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
- Bilbao Lipstick – new for Spring 2012
- Valparaiso Pure Matte Lipstick – new for Spring 2012
What are your thoughts on the natural dewy skin trend? Do you like the makeup minimalism?