Beauty Blogs Backstage took a brief break over the holidays but we are back on schedule now. This month I had the opportunity to interview Phyrra of Phyrra.net and here is what she had to share:
1. How did you come up with the logo for your site and what does it mean to you?
I commissioned my header from one of my lovely readers. I’d wanted a cute version of Phaedra (my lovely standard poodle) and myself for the header, as my old header had the two of us. I feel the design has a bit of whimsy because of the stars and bats.
2. What is your favorite Spring beauty trend?
Orange lips. It’s definitely my favorite Spring beauty trend. As someone who can pull off wearing orange lips, I love it.
3. If you could only pick just one item of makeup to wear what product would it be?
I’d wear foundation, because having flawless looking skin really goes a long way.
4. Which product in 2010 surprised you in a good way?
Flirt! It Curls mascara. I thought it would be just another mascara and it’s turned out to be a fantastic product for me.
5. What makes you feel beautiful?
Wearing fuchsia lipstick with cat eye liner makes me feel beautiful.
6. Who is your beauty icon and why?
I don’t know that I really have a beauty icon.
7. Would you prefer to go without makeup for a year or gain 15 pounds?
Ug. I’d rather go without makeup.
8. Why did you decide to start a beauty blog?
I started a beauty blog originally because I couldn’t find very many reviews about mineral makeup and so I wanted to share my experiences with others who might be searching just like me.
9. What is your favorite hobby?
Well, I used to say gaming but I’ve not done a lot of that recently, so probably writing or reading.
10. Where do you see your blog going in the next 5 years?
Hopefully it will continue growing and I will continue improving.