If you haven’t heard, Birchbox is the latest beauty sampling program where you get to test out the latest beauty products without committing to purchase a full size product. Each month subscribers pay a $10 flat fee (so no shipping) to receive 5 sample size products. If you enjoy the sample then you can order a full size product directly from Birchbox.
This is my second month in the program and this month I received this:
- 2 – packets of Deborah Lippman The Stripper to go lacquer nail remover finger mitts
- 2 – packets Oribe Shampoo/Conditioner Moisture & Control packets
- 1 – 2.5 oz bottle reBloom Beauty Sleep Drink
- 1 – 0.25 fl oz. Perricone MD Cold Plasma
- 1- mini Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Opal
I must say that the Birchbox is beautifully packaged in a recycled box with bright fuschia writing, giving a very pretty yet clean presentation. The samples are carefully and elegantly wrapped in tissue paper and tied with a bow – very charming. Overall I would give Birchbox an “A” for presentation but the bottom line is, am I willing to pay $10 for sample sizes that I get at Sephora for free? That remains to be seen. For now I will continue with the sampling program for another month or two and see if it proves useful in discovering a new beauty gem. Would you subscribe to Birchbox?