Oh yeah, for those of you who are into natural beauty, look no further than your backyard. If you’ve got the green thumb, then you should start adding these beauty superstar in your thriving garden:
1. Lavender: Used in many beauty products, widely known for calming scent, this purple joy possess properties that makes it an antiseptic (prevents infection) and pain relieving. Add them into your homemade lotion, your cleaning products and yes, even in your cookies!
2. Marigold (aka calendula in your beauty products): It has a high level of flavonoids (yes also found in wine) that protects the body from damaging free radicals and also treats inflammations. Talk about an anti-aging superstar!
3. Holy Basil: Holy indeed! It is a rich source of vitamin A, C and K and also hosts of important minerals like calcium and magnesium. This herbs is usually found in your anti-dandruff and lice shampoo and also in acne-free products.
4. Rosemary: Oh yes, not only is it great with your pork and potatoes, its also anti-fungal and antidiabetic. Great use for those of you who have digestive problems (which affects overall health of your skin!) and treats alopecia!
5. Chamomile: My favorite tea,and also a soothing herb for those of you who suffer from sensitive skin. It possess hydrating and nourishing qualities that allows your skin to recover from a hard day of work.
Hopefully this post allows you to rethink and appreciate the magic of these herbs!