Coconut water is every grocery store that you see but the best way to drink it is right from the source. Bottled coconut water may be convenient but many of these drinks have additives as well as sugar. And let’s be honest, natural is always best.
Coconut palm is known as kalpa vriksha which is Sanskrit for “tree which gives all that is necessary for living”. Yes, people have been drinking coconut water for years!
There are many health benefits of young coconut and here are just a few:
- It’s a rich source of natural fiber, calcium, magnesium, and potassium – making it a healthy electrolyte drink. In fact coconut water has as much as 15 times the amount of potassium as most sports drinks, great for dehydration.
- Coconut water helps to improve of blood circulation.
- It helps improve digestion and acid reflux.
- Helps relieve constipation
- Coconut water is said to restores elasticity to skin; reduces age spots; reduces wrinkles and skin sagging. Coconuts contain Cytokinins which are also known as anti-aging hormones.
- Improves blood cholesterol levels
- It’s rich in antioxidants which help remove free radicals.
- Enhances healing of wounds and lesions
- Helps balance blood sugar in diabetics
With so many health benefits coconuts and coconut water should be a dietary staple. Have you had your coconut water today?