Now that the summer is here our hairstyling routines have to change with the weather. Summer hair should be easy, beautiful, light and effortless. Celebrity hairstylist, Danny Jelaca shows us how to achieve carefree beachy summer hair that perfect for the day and a style that is perfect for the evening.
Overnight Beach Waves
- Blow-dry hair to remove excess wetness, but leave hair damp
- Section hair off in 4 big sections
- Brush hair downward to eliminate frizziness
- Twist each section of hair until it is tight, then put each section into a bun and fasten with a bobby pin
- The next morning, remove the bobby pins and un-do the buns
- Shake out hair
- Danny suggests adding Balmain Texturizing Salt Spray for bounce, texture and hold
Glamorous Beach Babe – GREAT for evening
- Blow-dry hair straight, removing all water
- Section hair off
- Take small pieces and heat up by passing an iron through the piece of hair rapidly, one time
- Once hair is heated up, take iron and wrap hair in between the iron
- Grab the end piece of the hair to ensure that it does not curl
- Slowly move downward, applying pressure. Before reaching the end, let the hair go (leaving the ends straight)
- Twirl the hair rapidly in the direction of the curl and then gently break it apart
- Repeat these steps for each section until the whole head is complete
- Once the whole head is complete, run fingers through the curls to even break them up
Danny Jelaca suggests adding the Balmain Dry Shampoo to add volume and make the hair smell fresh and clean. You can also layer in some Balmain Texturizing Salt Spray which will give your hair the perfect, effortless beachy waves.
What is your favorite way to wear your hair this summer?