Reese Witherspoon’s get the look from the 2014 Golden Awards
Look by Mai Quynh for Laura Mercier
Makeup artist Mai Quynh created a modern and warm look for Reese Witherspoon, who was a presenter at the 71st Annual Golden Globes. Quynh was inspired by the viridian color of Witherspoon’s Calvin Klein dress, as well as her golden complexion.
FACE: Golden, flawless skin
- Quynh first prepped the skin with La Praire Skin Caviar Luxe Cream and applied Fresh Sugar Lip Treat to her lips. Then she used a foundation brush to apply Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, ($32) all over Witherspoon’s face.
- She then applied NEW Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide Foundation (COMING FALL 2014) using a BeautyBlender Sponge. She stated, “I love how the natural, matte texture of this foundation melts into the skin, leaving it smooth and flawless.”
- Next, Quynh applied Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, ($23) under Witherspoon’s eyes and Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, ($32) around her nose.
- She then applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Praline, ($24) onto the apples of Witherspoon’s cheeks and layered Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Peach Whisper, ($25) on top. She stated, “Layering creams and powders will ensure that your makeup will stay on longer.”
- Lastly, Quynh applied Laura Mercier Pressed Setting Powder in Translucent, ($34) using the Laura Mercier Finishing Brush, ($42). She then dusted the actress’s forehead, cheeks and chin with Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Powder Bronzer using the Laura Mercier Bronzer Brush, ($45).
LIPS: Neutral lips
- Quynh first used Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Play, ($24) and swept Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Bellini, ($24) on top.
EYES: Bright, sultry eyes were the main focus of the look
- First, Quynh mixed Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colours in Sand Glow and Cocoa, ($26/each) and applied the color from the inside of her eyelid, blending it towards the outer lid.
- Next, she applied Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Fire Glow, ($24) from the lash line to the crease using the Laura Mercier All Over Eye Colour Brush, ($30). She then blended the shadow using the Laura Mercier Eye Crease Brush, ($29).
- For added depth and dimension, Quynh added Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Earth Glow, ($24) to the outer crease. She smudged both Illuminating Eye Colours to the lower lash line, using the Laura Mercier Smudge Brush, ($24)
- Finally, she rimmed Witherspoon’s eyes with Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Brown Copper, ($22) and finished the look with two coats of Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara in Black, ($24).