Some lip balms just lubricate, they don’t necessarily hydrate. Lip balms are designed to seal moisture so unless you’re using a hydrating lip balm then moisture is neither be absorbed or released. Therefore it is important to use a product that is designed to introduce moisture back into the lips.
Proper nutrition and taking vitaming is important. Deficiencies in B vitamins, essential fatty acids or iron can cause scaling of lips and cracking of lip corners. A diet in Vitamin B rich foods like legumes, Brazil nuts, avocado, kefir etc or a multivitamin/mineral supplement can help solve the problem.
It’s really all in the routine. You have a multiple step skin regime, why should your lips be treated any differently? Well here is some help for dry lips:
- Start with exfoliating your lips to remove dead skin cells, try sara happ ‘The Lip Scrub’ Vanilla Bean Lip Exfoliator.
- Prep skin with a hydrating serum or Vitamin E rich lip balm. Darphin’s Hydraksin Intensive Skin-Hydrating Serum – A potent water-veil and infusing serum that instantly delivers relieving, reviving hydration to all thirsty skin
- Layer on a creamy lipstick like one from Lipstick Queen which can act like balms and seal in the moisture.
- Don’t forget to drink up! Dehydration can cause dryness of lips. Increase your liquid intake and decrease your sodium intake.
- Stop licking/biting your lips. When you lick or bite your lips, you are further drying your lips out.
With these lip care tips, your pout will be perfect. What steps do you take to keep you lips luscious?