Mercedes-Benz Fashion weeks always gives us a preview of the upcoming beauty and color trends. So let’s take a closer look at the beauty looks from Jenny Packham. Talia Shobrook, lead makeup artist for this season’s Jenny Packham show, complemented the red carpet designer’s “chic yet playful” collection to develop a makeup look that was a fresh, modern take on “1960s Las Vegas glamour.” According to Shobrook, the end result was “dewy skin and soft coral lips framed by jewel-like eyes with long, fluttery lashes.”
Face: “Dewy skin” was key to keeping this look fresh and modern.
- Talia first applied Laura Mercier Oil-Free Day Lotion SPF 15 ($95) and Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Hydrating ($32) to prep the skin and create an even canvas for makeup application.
- She then applied Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme Foundation ($43) all over the face, and concealed problem areas with Laura Mercier Secret Concealer ($22) and Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage ($30).
- To highlight the contours of the face and give the skin a healthy glow, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 – Illuminating ($43) was applied to the forehead, nose, chin and cheekbones.
- Talia contour the cheekbones using Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder in Dune Bronze ($32). She then applied and blended Laura Mercier Gel Lip Colour in Hibiscus Bloom ($22) to the apples of the cheeks.
Eyes: Talia used various shades of blue to create “jewel-like” eyes.
- Talia first gently pulled up the eyelid at the brow and applied Laura Mercier Eye Pencil in Midnight Bleu ($20) straight across the lid, starting just below the lid’s crease and extending slightly beyond the outside corner of the eye.
- Using the same eye pencil, she then filled in the area of the lid below the line and repeated the steps using Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Black Turquoise ($20). Talia gently pressed a layer of Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Lagoon ($22) over the liner to set it.
- With a dome-shaped brush, she then applied Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Platinum ($22) from above the crease of the eye to the brow bone.
- In addition, NEW Laura Mercier Artist Luxe Liquid Liner ($125) (available October 2012) was applied to the lash line.
- Talia finished the dramatic look by applying a coat of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara ($24) and then applying Laura Mercier Full Faux Eyelashes ($18).
Lips: Talia layered several products to create an updated version of the “coral pastel lip that was favored by women in the ‘60s.”
- Talia used a lip brush to apply Laura Mercier Crème Lip Colour in Tangerine ($24) along the top and bottom lips. She then applied Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Baby Lips ($20).
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF – Illuminating ($43) was applied to add dimension and shine, and the lips were set with Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder ($35).
What do you think of the bold jewel toned eyes and pastel lips?