A few months ago I decided that I wanted to have an event where bloggers and editors could gather in a relaxing environment and talk about beauty. I wanted the event to be fun, yet informative so I came up with, Green Your Beauty Routine.
If we’ve ever chatted at great length, you know that I believe that natural is always best in any part of our lives. So I decided to collaborate with my friend, and fashion blogger, Kimberlee Van Der Wall of IHaveADegreeInThis.com. We put our heads together to come up with an event that our fellow bloggers would love.
The event was held at the beautiful Miele Showroom in the Architects and Designers building in New York City.
Jolene Hart shared lots of helpful green beauty food tips:
- Sugar causes inflammation in the body and spikes your blood sugar so limit use.
- Foods with Biotin, like Swiss Chard, are great for your hair.
- Raw honey is an excellent facial mask, it’s a natural humectant.
- Do a simple detox daily with a glass of warm (purified) water and a half of a lemon.
- Look for whole foods that are colorful, they’re beneficial to your skin; brown is bad!
Leena Sukumar shared her insights on how the beauty industry in leaning towards more green initiatives:
- Companies are investing in corn-based and biodegradable packaging.
- There is a trend towards using glass packaging to reduce waste.
Everyone is attendance had a great time and we even left our guests with some nice parting gifts:
Stay tuned for our next event!