If you follow me on Twitter, @LipstickNYC, then you may have read a few of my #FitBlogNYC tweets and maybe even wondered what the hashtag was all about. Well yesterday I attended a Meet and Tweet event hosted by Fitness Magazine where bloggers were able to sit in on panels like The Real Deal on Carbs, Cleanses and Caffeine, Gym to Street: Fashion Tips That Will Help You Stretch Your Spandex Beyond the Gym and Easy Beauty Secrets: Q&A with FITNESS Beauty Director and Laura Geller.
The event was incredibly fun and we were able to meet and chat with brands Like Vichy, Pure Protein, Oakley and Birkenstock. Each brand had a table set up so the bloggers could speak with brands about new products, health tips and of course answer any questions that we had. We even got to meet Olympic soccer player, Mia Hamm.
At noon we were treated to a very healthy lunch which I need because I’ve been cheating on my diet with sweets. See totally healthy!
On a side not Laura Geller was absolutely charming and hilarious. She shared so many great beauty tips and even suggested some purchases that were not her own brand. Laura Geller was so honest and funny, a true class act!
Most importantly we learned a lot about improving our health. And I took away lots of inspiration and great tips from the panelists and my fellow bloggers. These are my ten favorite health and beauty tips from the event:
- Sitting is the new smoking, avoid it for health ~Kelly Olexa
- Taupe with a little mauve eyeshadow is the ideal eyeshadow for everyone. ~Laura Geller
- Top tools to have in your makeup bag: Oil blotting powder, lipstick/lip gloss, concealer and blush ~Laura Geller
- Carbs don’t make you fat, eating an excess of the wrong carbs makes you fat. ~Pam Peeke M.D.
- Food addiction is real. Main culprits? Sugar, Fat, Salt. ~Pam Peeke M.D.
- Look less tired by using highlighters on the corner of your eye with a q-tip. ~Laura Geller
- Waterproof eyeshadow primer on your lips will help your lipstick last all day. ~Laura Geller
- Confidence looks great on everyone. ~Argy Koutsothanasis
- Start with a cream blush and the layer a powder blush on top to make the color last all day. ~Laura Geller
- Working out and meditation grows brain cells. ~Pam Peeke M.D.
I had a great time and I hope that you can take some of these health and beauty tips and apply them to your life!