More than 3,000 readers, SHAPE editors, and beauty experts across the country named these good-for-you skin, makeup, and hair products the top picks of 2010. Here are some of the top picks that made the cut:
• Kinerase PhotoFacials Daily Exfoliating Cleanser ($40; sephora.com)
Improvements in skin texture come from a mix of antioxidant-rich superfoods—including kiwi, pineapple, and pomegranate—in combination with jojoba and silica beads.
• Olay Regenerist Anti-Aging Eye Roller ($23; at drugstores)
The three rollers massage away swelling and “deliver a potent dose of anti-agers like pentapeptides, which build collagen.
• Bliss FatGirlScrub ($38; blissworld.com)
No scrub will wash away your cellulite, but this one leaves skin “smoother and tighter.” Red algae reduces water retention, Himalayan salt exfoliates, and peppermint extract makes it feel cool and refreshing in the shower.
• MAC Cremesheen Glass Lip Gloss ($18; maccosmetics.com)
This gloss is “shiny but somehow not sticky,” said a tester. (The secret is in the formula, a mix of soybean oil and aloe.)
• Revlon PhotoReady Makeup SPF 20 ($14; at drugstores)
Photographers know that flattering lighting makes models look gorgeous. This new foundation uses similar logic; it has light-reflecting pigments that create the optical illusion of better skin. It covers pores, redness, and scars, all without caking.
Shampoo and Conditioner
• Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair ($24; aveda.com)
Rich in repairing proteins and hydrating essential oils, this leave-in treatment helps negate any damage from hot tools or UV rays.
• Kim Kardashian Eau de Parfum ($35 for 1 oz.; sephora.com)
You’d expect a bold, sultry blend from reality TV star and SHAPE cover model Kim Kardashian, and her new fragrance does not disappoint. It’s a heady mix of florals—like jasmine, tuberose, and gardenia—anchored by earthy jacaranda wood.
• Best color Essie Nail Polish in Angora Cardi ($8; essie.com)
This deep, dusty rose was the testers’ fave: It felt trendy, but not too ‘out there’ to wear to work.
The complete list of beauty winners can be found in the September issue of SHAPE magazine. Did any of your favorite products make the cut?