I love beauty and self-improvement is every form and I believe that “natural” beauty is just as fun and important as any of my favorite beauty luxuries. Here are a few home beauty tips and treatments that I’ve picked up along the years. I hope that you find them useful.
My Top 10 Natural Beauty Remedies
1. Dark circles under your eyes? Cut a slice of Potato and place under your eye for 10-15 minutes. Potatoes contain an enzyme called Catecholase which naturally lightens skin.
2. Stained nails from using dark polish? Soak your nails in lemon juice. Lemon is an astringent and will remove the stains.
3. Have apple cider vinegar in your home? It can be used to treat dandruff as well as oily skin (50% apple cider vinegar & 50% water)
4. Dry Skin? Take a milk bath; milk contains lactic acid which is an alpha hydroxy acid known to shed dead skin cells. Add 2-4 cups to a warm bath and soak for 20 minutes and rinse.
5. Sometimes you may get a blemish or two and you don’t have any acne treatment on hand, try honey. Honey has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and it kills the bacterium that causes acne. Dab on a small amount on the affected area and rinse off after 10 minutes.
6. You wanna get your dry winter heels ready for the summer? Mash a ripe banana and spread the pulp on your heels, leave on for 10 minutes and rinse.
7. Dry lips? After brushing your teeth, brush your lips! This will help exfoliate them and wisk away the dry skin, then apply Petroleum Jelly or vitamin E oil or your favorite lip balm.
8. If you use a lot of product on your hair, you may want to add baking soda to your shampoo. This will turn your shampoo into a clarifying shampoo that will help remove the buildup.
9. If your nails are weak and break easily, you may want to soak them in olive oil for 5 minutes every night.
10. If your lips are dry and cracked, try rubbing cucumbers on them, it will help heal your lips.
More of my favorite natural beauty tips to come…